- What is a Gold IRA? – Let’s start with the basics. Learn about why more and more people are interested in rolling over to gold.
- Your Options – See what your other options are and how they compare.
- The Best Gold IRA Company – What happened when I decided to pull the trigger? This is where you’ll find my hard lessons learned, and hopefully you won’t make the same mistakes.
- Paperwork, Insight, and a Bit of History (here) – Want to learn more about gold… off the Internet? In my opinion, nothing beats good information I can hold in my hands. Here is a website that gives away a free gold investor education box of materials. Take a look because I think it’s definitely worth the 2 minutes it takes to request.
- Ask a Question – Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask your question and get a reliable expert response.
What is a Gold IRA and Why Gold?
A gold IRA is an IRA held at a custodian who offers investments in precious metals, as well as other types of metals (silver is another option).
If you’re unclear on what a custodian is, let me shed a little light on it. Most of the time, an IRA custodian is a bank or brokerage. They’re charged with safeguarding the assets of a client’s IRA. In order to be an IRA custodian, you’ve got to be approved by the IRS.
Talking with a few friends of mine, it’s clear that Americans have slightly different reasons for investing in gold. Cutting through the fat… the first thing I personally look at gold’s 5000 year history as money. I’ve also given a lot of thought to the 2008 housing crisis, government bailout, and what gold has been doing since then.
If you are looking for a brokerage to buy gold through, I will recommend a great one in a minute.
Considering Your Options:
I was talking with a friend the other day and he opened my eyes to something… A lot of Americans have been waiting to see their retirement accounts bounce back since 2008, but many people apparently haven’t seen it happen yet.
This makes sense to me. And it’s no surprise that these people are looking at all their options.
Here’s a quick list I put together for you:
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Money Market Accounts (MMAs)
- Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPs)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Common Stocks
- Mutual Funds
- Savings Accounts
- U.S. gold coins, and silver coins – minted by the Treasury Dept.
- Certain coins (gold, silver, platinum bullion, and palladium)
The company I decided to go with was Regal Assets. They had the best rates and most knowledgeable brokers out of the companies I talked with.
If you’re interested in what I did…
The first step I took was requesting a free box of materials they were giving away and sending out in the mail. After I requested it on this page, they called to confirm my physical address. At the time, I had a few questions during that call, which they answered.
About a week later, I received the investor box in the mail and went through it that night. Regal had a great booklet on the history of gold in there that I’ve still got on my kitchen counter.
One thing that blew me away, was the fact that they really went out of their way to make me feel valued. These guys put a book called “Aftershock” in the box. I checked on Amazon and I think this book is about $20-30 to buy!
After I had gone through most of the materials in the box, I had a few more conversations with a friendly man at Regal. And over the course of the next few weeks, I sent in the paperwork and wrapped up the process through these guys.
If I had to put my thumb on it, I’d have to say that there were 2 big reasons I personally chose Regal Assets:
- 7 day delivery guarantee. I checked and they actually guarantee delivery within 7 business days. Other companies didn’t appear to have a delivery guarantee that they would stand behind.
- A little homework revealed that Regal Assets has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating – this let me know that they were making other clients happy when all was said and done.
Phone number: 1-888-790-8109
Website: (visit here)
Make Sure You Read The Full Review
(full review here)
All gold investment companies are not equal. Charges, fees, and rates will differ based on the company you choose to work with. Not to mention, a number of companies will try to bait-n-switch you with misleading promotions.
To do it right, you’ll have to spend hours to fully research each company.
Here’s what we recommend… Save yourself weeks of time and see which companies our expert research team uncovered.
The Best IRA Company – We have gone through a long list of every precious metals company that we could find. Without a doubt, this company is the best. Amazing rates, fees, and even a delivery guarantee.
Please remember to request your free gold IRA guide (limited supply available)
This Information is 100% Free and Packed With Everything You Need to Know About a Gold IRA: